Monday 18 June 2012

Settlers Cafe, Get some board game fun while you are at it!

Today, as part of a gathering of friends who havent met for almost half a year, we decided to go to a place where we can chill and play awesome board games.... Settlers Cafe @ Clarke Quay!

Located at quite a convenient yet relatively peaceful location, this settlers seems home to many a fun nights for many boardgamers. And being a person who love boardgames, I love such places! (I'll do an article on my favourite place, Playnation, soon!) 

So tonight, we decide to take a gaming set ($8.90 inclusive of free flow drinks from 6pm - 10pm), as well as order our dinner. I ordered Chicken Chop with Pepper Sauce ($9.90), and I wasn't expecting much from a boardgame cafe. I mean afterall, you are specializing in boardgames... not food right? WRONG! This chicken turned out to be surprisingly tender, and the sauce is a good match. Just decently spicy for a person who doesnt really take spicy food, the chicken chop and sauce makes a decent match. And without me asking for extra gravy (which I always do), they gave me ample amounts of gravy to go with my vegetables and fries.

Also, I'm NOT a huge fan of non-leafy vegetables.  But their broccoli is so soft and not yucky tasting, so it was extremely easy to go down my throat. All in all? A pleasant surprise!

Food: 4 / 5 for a boardgames cafe
Presentation: 3 / 5
Waiting time: ~10 mins


Also, with my food, comes the trident of awesome power! I dont know why they have three-pronged forks mashed in with four-pronged, but anyway, as Sheldon Cooper says, You don't eat with a trident! (I ate with it anyway.)

Overall its still a decent surprise, as all my friends enjoyed their food. But their boardgames selection and staff could have been much better.

Boardgames: 2 / 5 (I'm quite dissatisfied) 

No comments:

Post a Comment