Thursday 21 June 2012

Fruit Juice Mee Siam, Mixing Health with Tradition


Today, my humble adventures bring me back to my usual eating place, this stall (#02-66) at Hong Lim Food Centre. I first came across this stall a few months back, when I noticed the unique dish labelled "Fruit Juice Mee Siam". I love Mee Siam, for it brings a unique flavour of spiciness with delightfully boiled soup to your tastebuds. And ever since I tried it, I couldn't stop myself from craving it since then. Therefore, this is one of my MUST TRY items.


Fruit Juice Mee Siam comes at 3 prices, ($3, $4, $5.50). The prices correlate to the amount of ingredients. At $5.50, you get delicious Crayfish, Prawns, Sliced Hard-boiled Eggs, Home-made Hainanese Style Chicken, along with small dried shrimps and the trademark taupok in Mee Siam. Their soup is cooked with fruit juice, which they were unwilling to reveal, but managed to tell me they used green lemons to add to the overall flavour of the soup, as well as boost your appetite. (I am a fairly regular customer there.) Also, since it is cooked with fruit juice, its extra healthy compared to other mee siams, and also more tangy.

Also, the stall owners are a very friendly couple. They love to share with you how they cook the ingredients with intricate detail, from the chicken, to the soup, to the delightful bowl sitting in front of you. They also won't hesitate to introduce you to their two other delights, Mee Rebus and Laksa. Unfortunately, I have been a sucker for their Mee Siam, so good luck catching me on their other buses. For those who wants to try their Mee Siam, be sure to go there BEFORE 2pm. They get sold out really quickly, because its nice, and also he doesn't want to cook any extra as it is very tedious work.

Food: 4.5 / 5
Presentation: 3 / 5
Waiting time: ~5 - 10 minutes


Look at how clean my bowl is!

No comments:

Post a Comment