Saturday 14 July 2012

Mini Wok Noodles, and also.. Abalone noodles?!


Shortly after I came back from Taiwan, I had to meet up with a group of friends for an event, and we decided to come to Marina Square for dinner. I noticed this stall, which I never seen before. My gawd. I've only been to Taiwan for 9 days, feels like Singapore changed to another era. Okay I'm just kidding.

Anyway, I've always been a fan of Mini Wok Noodles. You always get this soup filled with so much yummy delights, and you eat it with meepok / meekia / mee-whatever-you-like dry with or without chilli. What's not to like?



So apparently, this stall is pretty famous. I've seen pictures of like George Yeo, ex-minister of Aljunied GRC, among many other people. Anyway, that's not the point. I got attracted because it says "Ah Nan Abalone Mini Wok Noodles". Wa sounds cool right? Of course I'll jump onto the bandwagon! One Mini-Wok Please! ($5.80)


So when it was served, I began ransacking it for abalone. Then I realized, there is none! That was when my friend realized why I was so disappointed, and pointed out to me, the abalone noodles is actually $8, and is not a mini wok noodle at all. I have been scammed!

Anyway, onto the food. For the dish Mini Wok Noodle, I feel that they have relatively few ingredients, there's hardly any meat at this branch, there is only one meatball... Well they did have two ingredients you don't normally see: Fresh BIG prawn, and a piece of scallop in the meekia. The prawn is fresh, and rather enjoyable, except it's not peeled. Oh the agony of peeling the prawns! All in all, I would rate this as no better than an average Mini Wok, because even when they make up for the lack of quantity with variety, the quality still leaves much to be desired.

Food: 2.5 / 5
Presentation: 2.5 / 5
Waiting time: ~5 Minutes

6 Raffles Boulevard
Singapore 039594
3rd Floor, Food Court.

No comments:

Post a Comment